Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change the birthdate on my child's Apple ID account

How can I change my birthdate on my child's Apple id. It was inputed as 0000 but now as I try to add him on family sharing it won't let me as it says he needs a birthdate but it won't allow me to update?

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 5:56 AM

5 replies

Mar 4, 2015 2:44 PM in response to Anouska1975

I have the same issue. When I created accounts for my kids, I put my own birthdate in so it would let me create them. Since the advent of Family Sharing, I'd like to create a Family Sharing group with them, but it won't let me change their birthdates to their own, and if I family share with them as is it doesn't let me restrict their purchases.

Dec 26, 2015 10:03 AM in response to Anouska1975

I'm having the same issue. I entered in the wrong birth year for my 8 year old and and now it says she's 8 months. I really don't want to have to create a whole new account for my daughter. I've seen other forums where it's saying that you can't edit the birthdate and that you have to create a new one since you can't edit or even delete the kid's apple id.

Anyone find out anything different? (I hope so...)

How can I change the birthdate on my child's Apple ID account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.