Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message App Freezing

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I have noticed with iOS 8.1 that whenever I'm using my iPhone and get a Message and go into the Message App the Message doesn't show up and the App is frozen. I have to exit out of it and swipe kill it, some times a couple of times before the message finally shows up in the Message App.

This happens every time I'm using my iPhone and get a message.

If I'm not using my iPhone and get a message and unlock my phone and go into Messages App the message shows up and app works fine.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 8:41 AM

3 replies

Oct 30, 2014 8:52 AM in response to seaquake2

Hi seaquake2,

If you are having issues with your iPhone's Messages application becoming unresponsive, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

iOS: Force an app to close

Next, I would try restarting the iPhone -

Turn your iOS device off and on (restart) and reset

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

iOS: How to back up your data and set up your device as a new device

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Oct 30, 2014 11:48 AM in response to Brett L

Bret

I have tried all of those things before posting this.

I have to Force Message App close 3 or 4 times before it shows message I just received and isn't frozen.

I have restarted my iPhone multiple times since iOS 8.1 upgrade.

I actually erased my iPhone to do the iOS 8.1 update. Problem started occurring once iOS 8.1 was installed.

Message App Freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.