Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to share all photos to iCloud stream

I've imported all photos from one of my trip into iPhoto and made a album. It contains 970 items, 4 of them are videos, as well as all others are pictures.

When I press Command+A, it says "970 items selected" on the right up corner of iPhoto. But when I click "Add To“ - iCloud - "New photo stream", it says "950 were added...." and it's really only 950 files uploaded to the new created stream after a while.

I tried this step several times. All failed alike.

Why cannot I add ALL photos to iCloud stream? Is there any hidden limitation?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 7:41 AM

11 replies

Oct 27, 2014 6:14 PM in response to Eternal Snow

I'm not sure if it would help or not, but you could try going to System Preferences>iCloud, click Options next to Photos, uncheck iCloud Photo Sharing, restart your Mac, then go back and check iCloud Photo Sharing again. Since it is consistently failing to upload 20 photos, I'm not optimistic this will help but you could always give it a try. Otherwise I think léonie is right; you're going to somehow have to locate at lease a few of the missing photos in order to see if they have common attributes that are preventing them from uploading.

Oct 27, 2014 6:25 PM in response to Eternal Snow

I suppose another thing you could try is to select all the photos, export them as .tiff files (to be sure they are all converted), then import these .tiffs to iPhoto and try adding these to your shared stream. This would test whether converting the format would be enough to resolve whatever the issue is with the missing 20 photos that is preventing them from uploading.

how to share all photos to iCloud stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.