Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP heat issues on windows and fan control.

I'm using Win8.1 on my MBPR 13". I noticed it gets very hot after an hour or so in windows. So i'm using "http://www.crystalidea.com/macs-fan-control" to increase the fan speed. Now it stays around 4000rpm. Now its much cooler and i don't mind the noise. But will this constant high rpm cause harm to the fan or any other hardware's? Without the software it goes up to 70 to 75 degree Celsius. It gets so hot that it's untouchable around the F9, F10, F11 keys!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 8

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 8:36 AM

1 reply

Oct 30, 2014 8:56 AM in response to Shafayetbu

Hi shafayetbu,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like there is some concern with the Operating temperature of the computer. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help you resolve or isolate the issue.

Mac notebooks: Operating temperature

The computer's internal fans turn on automatically within a temperature range that is selected to ensure proper operation of the computer.

While there are third-party utilities that measure the temperature of a notebook computer, it is important to understand that these utilities are not measuring the external case temperature. The actual case temperature is much lower. Never use third-party applications to diagnose possible hardware issues—instead, contact Apple or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

MBP heat issues on windows and fan control.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.