Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable iOS Update when preparing devices from backup on Apple Configurator 1.7

Hi,

I am preparing a large number of iPads and I have been using Apple Configurator for a long time now. Since Apple Configurator 1.7 i am encountering one particular issue.

But with this new version I am having some problem with the Update iOS feature...

In previous versions, when I would prepare iPads by restoring it from a single back-up, I could disable the Update iOS. As you can see in the following screenshots, when preparing an unsupervised iPad, I can choose Never Update Device, this happens when I do not restore a backup.

User uploaded file

But when I restore a back up, I can no longer have the option to Never Update the Device...

How can I restore a backup to an ipad without updating an iPad to the latest iOS version?

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 11:41 AM

1 reply

May 3, 2015 4:13 AM in response to richadfromparis

I am looking for same functionality --Never update iOS-- but can't make it work in the Configurator.

I tried with a custom iOS selected & supervision switched on in the Prepare tab.

then in the Supervise tab "never update iOS" is available, and I applied that.

But starting the Ipad after the Configurator wizard makes it possible for the user to do a software update.

Bummer !

Did you manage to solve this?

Disable iOS Update when preparing devices from backup on Apple Configurator 1.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.