Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Contacts' birthdays not showing up in Apple Contacts or Calendars

As a primarily Gmail-using guy, all of my calendars and contact information is stored with Google. All my Google Contacts are exactly the way I like them, with various information such as nicknames, birthdays, important dates (my anniversary), etc. I just bought an iPad Air 2 and proceeded to sync my Google information as described here: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2753077?hl=en

All my contacts were successfully added. However, for all of my contacts that did not have a Google+ account, their birthdays, which I entered manually into my Google Contacts, were not synced. None of my contacts on my iPad have their birthdays, either in their contact card or the calendar, even though I explicitly have their birthdays in my Google Contacts on Gmail.

Is this a known issue? Is there a step I'm missing, and will I be forced to manually enter all these birthdays?

iPad Air, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 12:22 PM

I think I found the culprit: birthdays in my Google Contacts that did not have a birth year did not sync, while those with years synced properly.

This is an issue, as admittedly, I do not know the birth years for many of my contacts (acquaintances and whatnot). It appears iOS forces you to have a year in order to add a birthday? Is this the case, or am I mistaken?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2014 12:22 PM in response to Kevin Kim1

I think I found the culprit: birthdays in my Google Contacts that did not have a birth year did not sync, while those with years synced properly.

This is an issue, as admittedly, I do not know the birth years for many of my contacts (acquaintances and whatnot). It appears iOS forces you to have a year in order to add a birthday? Is this the case, or am I mistaken?

Google Contacts' birthdays not showing up in Apple Contacts or Calendars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.