Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 3,1 and OS X 10.10 Yosemite problems

I recently fresh installed OS X 10.10 Yosemite on my late-2007 MacBook Pro. Everything seems to run pretty good so far, but I found a weird issue. When I Turn Wi-Fi Off, sometimes, my machine freezes and after 10 seconds approximately it reboots itself. Did you experienced this issue on your machines?

Here are my hardware details:

Hardware overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2,2 GHz

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP31.0070.B07

SMC Version (system): 1.16f11

Wi-Fi interface:

Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x87)

Firmware Version: Atheros 5416: 4.0.74.0-P2P

Thank you much for your comments.

Best regards.

Gonzalo.

Model Name: Ma

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10), MacBook Pro late 2007

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 1:52 PM

4 replies

Oct 30, 2014 11:18 AM in response to gonzalo.llorente

Hi gonzalo.llorente,

If you are having unusual shutdown/restart issues when turning off WiFi on your MacBook Pro after installing Yosemite, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

OS X: When your computer spontaneously restarts or displays "Your computer restarted because of a problem."

Regards,

- Brenden

Dec 4, 2014 6:27 PM in response to gonzalo.llorente

Its is an issue since the 10.8.5 osx version.

I have the same mac here. Try the 10.9 all versions and 10.10 since the beta but no lucky to find an version

with normal wifi conditions.

The issue are the wifi driver, since the 10.8.5 apple change this driver and make this 3,1 laptop trash since

wee cant update to the newest versions of os x.

My suggest are, go back to 10.8.4. Its is the last system with normal wifi and don't run the system so badly.

MacBook Pro 3,1 and OS X 10.10 Yosemite problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.