Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 9 running issues - Yosemite?

Hello everybody

I recently had to upgrade my operating system (I was running Mountain Lion) to upgrade some software - I upgraded straight to OS X Yosemite and I am now finding issues running Logic Pro 9 (9.1.7). The program is just running slow with each command, it's much worse when the sequencer is playing - If its playing and I go to change a plug-in parameter, or even just the pan pot or channel fader, it can sometimes take ten seconds to move. Sometimes it takes this amount of time to stop after pressing the stop button.

I've never had any issues before upgrading, after doing some research I realise there is a 9.1.8 upgrade for Logic however I can't download this, the app store just refuses to do anything every time I press upgrade.

I have 4GB of RAM which has never struggled previously in the past.

I've just updated my audio interface at the same time as all of this, I don't know if this could be a problem as well? I wasn't sure if it was something to do with buffer size maybe?

I honestly cannot pin point the problem. I've switched any ram-hungry settings off. I'm not sure what to do.

Thank you

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011)

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 1:52 PM

19 replies

Nov 5, 2014 1:28 AM in response to wiredtotheworld

I have the updated version of Logic Pro9 and I still have the same problem! I was about to buy Logic Pro X But I read that it too has the same problem... 😟

Sadly it looks as if I'll have to leave logic and conform to the studio standard ProTools.. But for you up there, I do find that if I open and close it every so often, it does help. Ps Get Protools 10. It is a lot cheaper now and I read that it works well with Yosemite.

Mac Mini I5 processer

16 Gigs of ram

1500 Gigs of memory.

Nov 5, 2014 4:32 PM in response to michael.swats101

Ps Get Protools 10. It is a lot cheaper now and I read that it works well with Yosemite.

Errrrrr....... Not according to Avid it is.. (and note: Avid state they will not be supporting PT10 under Yosemite either... only PT11)

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/compatibility/Mac-OS-X-10-10-Yosemite-s upport-for-Media-Composer-Pro-Tools-Sibelius-EUCON-and-ISIS

....and not forgetting the major issue regarding Yosemite and Avid's CoreAudioManager/Drivers that is causing conflicts and crashes with all kinds of other hardware based audio/Midi software......

Example:

Native Instruments has conducted compatibility tests with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite which have shown current NI products to work without any specific issues under standard installations of this operating system.

However, products with a hardware dependency, such as Maschine, Komplete Kontrol, Traktor, Guitar Rig and Controller Editor will not launch when AVIDs CoreAudioManager/Drivers are installed under 10.10 Yosemite. Native Instruments and Avid are working together to resolve this compatibility issue.

Native Instruments is currently conducting further systematic compatibility and performance tests with the release version of Yosemite, and will provide new information as it becomes available.

Nov 12, 2014 6:22 AM in response to wiredtotheworld

Hey, I have the exact same problem,. Sorry - no solution as yet but i thought i would describe the issues I'm having too.

Basically the same thing, Logic just seems to lag for at least a few seconds when trying to perform ANY function. Even just soloing a track can take up to 5 seconds. It's also now started to disable ALL key commands until i restart Logic. Space bar works for play/stop but no 'cmd+key' works.

I had none of these issues when running 10.9, its only started to happen since the yosemite upgrade. I've heard the next solution is an erase and install of yosemite but that brings it's own issues with some of the other apps I'm running.

If you find any other solutions please let me know

I'm running Logic 9.1.8 (64bit) / MBP 2.9 i7 / 8GB Ram FYI.

Nov 12, 2014 6:46 AM in response to duufy

if you have a Retina screen...

Try turning off Automatic Graphic Switching..... (AGS) as several people have reported some success and a degree of improvement after doing so...

MacBook Pro and MacBook Pro with Retina display computers: How to set graphics performance - Apple Support

Note: If you are using a second monitor... even if you uncheck AGS it is still activated automatically unfortunately so you won't get any possible benefit. So to effectively test, unplug any secondary monitors....

Nov 16, 2014 3:31 AM in response to michael.swats101

TO EVERYONE HERE. Sorry for the previous comment! I UPDATED MY WAVES PLUGINS with a simple file that can be downloaded of their site http://www.waves.com/osx-yosemite I didn't even have to reinstall them. I only had to run a file from them that took all of a few seconds. Just like that Logic pro 9 works just well again! I now have ProX as well and it runs just fine! Sorry to all for my impatiens that led me to say that the problem was Logic. If you are having these problems, it is 3rd party plugins that are not updated to run on yosemite.

Nov 16, 2014 5:35 AM in response to duufy

Yep same issuie here and it is driving me absolutely insane!! I use Logic for my job and i literally cant work.

When im playing a project and try to edit faders etc it will freeze and i cant stop the project, even freezes when exporting or bouncing.

I really dont want to upgrade to logic x , but i think i might have to

Mar 19, 2015 8:42 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

Same problem here, I made a clean install of Yosemite, I start to work but after few minutes Logic does not respond to any command. Run monitoring activity, and see that 10 Gb ram are almost full. Run memory clean, but Logic still doesn't work. Do you think having two monitors may cause issues also in a mac pro early 2008?

I still have an hd with snow leopard, it works very well, but many new applications does not work on it...😟

Sorry for my bad english... 😐

Logic Pro 9 running issues - Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.