Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Implications of turning Share Photo Streams in iCloud in OS X Yosemite

After Upgrading to OS X Yosemite, I now have to re-enable sharing photo streams in Aperture. I received the following warning message: "Switching iCloud Photos to this library will turn it off in Aperture 2013 Library" (That is the name of my local photo library). I want to keep the library in Aperture as the master for all my pictures, but this message is confusing. Also, I do not know if there is any financial consequences of sharing photo streams in OS X Yosemite (photo sharing did not count towards the storage limits set by Apple before)I was unable to find information about this for the new OS X in this forum. Any guidance that you can provide?

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 3:06 PM

2 replies

Oct 27, 2014 3:35 PM in response to epereira

You can only use Photo Streams with one photo library per computer. If you use more than one Aperture library, only one can be used with iCloud. Switching the Photo Stream between libraries is possible, but it will only be visible in one library at a time.

Also, I do not know if there is any financial consequences of sharing photo streams in OS X Yosemite (photo sharing did not count towards the storage limits set by Apple before)I was unable to find information about this for the new OS X in this forum. Any guidance that you can provide?

Photo Streams still do not count against your iCloud storage allowance, but there are limits to the amount of photos you can upload. (iCloud: Photo Stream limits)

See also: iCloud Photo Sharing FAQ http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5902

Does iCloud Photo Sharing use my iCloud storage?

No. Photos and videos uploaded to iCloud Photo Sharing don't count against your iCloud storage.

Implications of turning Share Photo Streams in iCloud in OS X Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.