Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! I kept Pages 4.3 so I could do mail merge, broken in Yosemite?

I kept Pages 4.3 so I could do mail merge. When I updated to Yosemite, the mail merge function seems to be broken. I cannot do mail merge in Pages 4.3 because the pull down menu in the mail merge section of the info panel only allows you to choose the first field of the table in Numbers. Is there any way around this. I specifically did not upgrade to Pages 5.x because I NEED mail merge. What can I do now?

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 4:20 PM

2 replies

Mar 4, 2015 5:25 AM in response to mahongue

If you have Pages 'v5.2.2 and Numbers v3.5.2 installed on Yosemite, in addition to Pages '09 v4.3, and Numbers '09 v2.3 — it is very possible that Pages '09 is asking "Numbers" to respond to Pages mail merge requests. Pages '09 v4.3 was written to expect only Numbers '09 v2.3 as installed, but on Yosemite, the default Numbers that responds will be Numbers v3.5.2 — which is incompatible with Pages '09 v4.3. If this is true, you will have to "hide" Numbers v3.5.2, so it is not available to answer Pages '09 v4.3.

If you do not have Pages v5.5.2 and Numbers v3.5.2 installed, then it is possible that Yosemite has caused an issue with the communication between Pages '09 v4.3 and Numbers v2.3.

Help! I kept Pages 4.3 so I could do mail merge, broken in Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.