Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When iPhone calling from Mac, how do I get a touch tone keypad?

I love the feature where I can use my Mac to call through my iPhone. (which is usually quietly charging behind me)

One small oversight that I see with the feature (unless someone can enlighten me about something I missed), is that many folks these days are calling into conference bridges or businesses where they are instantly faced with the dreaded Voice Response Unit (VRU). (You know... "Press 1 for X, Press 2 for Y, Press 0 or hold the line to wait an eternity for a human to answer.") Once the call is made, I see no provision to allow me to press the phone keys on my Mac. I have to resort to, you guessed it... picking up the iPhone and pressing the keys. This kind of defeats the purpose of the feature. (not "kind of", it does)

Did I miss something and if so could someone point me to where I can get a keypad to display and use? If I didn't miss something it would be great (read as "necessary/required/how did you miss this?") if the next Yosemite .1 release included a simple function for remotely pressing the phone keys.

Thanks!

Facetime via iPhone-OTHER, iOS 8.1, Facetime via iPhone

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 4:36 PM

Well, through tinkering with it, (because I found no place this is written anywhere), there is NO keypad however... pressing the number keys on your keyboard during an active call results in the corresponding keypad tone on the phone to be generated.

Problem solved, but perhaps a few lines in the users guide or feature description would help save some time.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2014 4:36 PM in response to GrumpyPants

Well, through tinkering with it, (because I found no place this is written anywhere), there is NO keypad however... pressing the number keys on your keyboard during an active call results in the corresponding keypad tone on the phone to be generated.

Problem solved, but perhaps a few lines in the users guide or feature description would help save some time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.