Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

duplicate photos import into iPhoto

Hi! iPad Air 2, and iPhone 6 Plus, all on 8.1. Both devices are turned on to iCloud photo library beta, and upload to my photo stream and iCloud photo sharing. I DO NOT have Keep Normal Photo turned on. Yet when I plug in either device I wind up with duplicates of the photos in iPhoto. When prompted to not import photos that have already been added (via photo stream I presume), I say no and then delete them all from my device. And I still wind up with two of each. Any possible ideas?

Thanks!

iPad Air, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 7:32 PM

24 replies

Dec 21, 2014 8:05 AM in response to Stinky Grapefruit

I just tried to import my wife's iPhone photos for the first time in six months. iCloud PhotoStreaming on, HDR off. Saw duplicates on the iPhoto iPhone import screen and hoped that they would be recognized as such and not duplicated in iPhoto (latest version, 9.6). No luck - duplicates were imported. Updated the iPhone to iOS 8.1.2 and the duplicates no longer display! To get rid of the duplicates just imported to iPhoto, I searched for "_2" and moved all to trash. Be careful not to delete if your sequence of photos include names like "img_2***" or "dsc_2***".

duplicate photos import into iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.