Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you share audiobooks

Does not look like you can share audiobooks purchased. Is this correct?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 27, 2014 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2014 2:10 PM

Hello jbk224bamacophile,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you have purchased the audiobook from the iTunes Store, you can transfer that content via Home Sharing, however if it is from Audible.com, Home Sharing cannot transfer that audiobook.

• Audiobooks purchased through the iTunes Store can be automatically or manually transferred.
  • Home Sharing can't transfer or stream audiobook content purchased from Audible.com. See Audible.com for assistance in using their content on multiple computers.

iTunes: Setting up Home Sharing on your computer

Take care,

Alex H.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2014 2:10 PM in response to jbk224bamacophile

Hello jbk224bamacophile,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you have purchased the audiobook from the iTunes Store, you can transfer that content via Home Sharing, however if it is from Audible.com, Home Sharing cannot transfer that audiobook.

• Audiobooks purchased through the iTunes Store can be automatically or manually transferred.
  • Home Sharing can't transfer or stream audiobook content purchased from Audible.com. See Audible.com for assistance in using their content on multiple computers.

iTunes: Setting up Home Sharing on your computer

Take care,

Alex H.

Mar 30, 2015 1:31 PM in response to jbk224bamacophile

AUDIOBOOKS CAN NOT BE SHARED.

AUDIO BOOKS CAN NOT BE LOADE ON TO MORE THAN ONE DEVICE

BELOW IS A LETTER FROM APPLE SUPPORT RECEIVED 30 MARCH 2015:

Hi Thomas,

Good day! This is Mark your iTunes Store Support Advisor. I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Thanks for your patience. You’ve mentioned that you’re unable to download and share the audiobook "The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses, And Geeks Created the Digital Revolution (Unabridged)” within your Family Members.

I know how eager you are to download the audiobook on your other devices. Don’t worry I’ll provide you the information you need regarding audiobooks.

Audiobooks are device specific which means you can only use it in the device you used to purchase it.

You can refer to this article regarding the contents that you can share using Family Sharing.

Which purchased content can I share using Family Sharing

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203046

If you have further questions or clarifications Thomas, feel free to email us back. Thank you for choosing the iTunes Store.

Sincerely,

Mark

iTunes Store/Mac App Store Customer Support

Please Note: I work Monday - Friday, 5:00am-2:00pm PST

can you share audiobooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.