Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 5.5 update a bane for script-writers?

So after spending the weekend upgrading my devices and computers to iOS 8.1 (Cause I did not have confidence in iOS 8.0) and Mac OS X Yosemite, I also upgraded related apps to their latest versions. I'm a creative writer and have a few scripts I'm working on.

So I was settling down with my coffee when I got the inspiration for a new script, I opened up Pages 5.5 (2109) on my iMac and was just about to click on the 'Screenplay' template as I ususally do, only it wasn't there... And neither was the story-board template.

A quick search of the discussions here did not show any related to my issue. Its more of a slight nuisance than anything, as I could always format the script manually, but its a bit of a bane for me as I'm used to the ease and convenience of trusting in the templates provided.

Am I the only one that noticed these templates have gone missing?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Pages 5.5 (2109)

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 3:13 AM

The screenplay template is in Pages ’09 v4.3, and omitted in all subsequent releases of Pages v5 since October 2013. You might perform a quick check to see if Pages ’09 was quietly moved into /Applications/iWork '09 folder.

All alternative word processing applications for the Mac now offer more sensible, and less productivity stealing functionality than Pages v5.5. Do not open a Pages ’09 document in Pages v5.5 without first making a backup copy, as any older features that are not supported are silently filtered out of the document.

As a writer, you will quickly discover that Apple's redesign of Pages is the very antithesis of a productive word processing tool.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2014 3:13 AM in response to Zee-Ong

The screenplay template is in Pages ’09 v4.3, and omitted in all subsequent releases of Pages v5 since October 2013. You might perform a quick check to see if Pages ’09 was quietly moved into /Applications/iWork '09 folder.

All alternative word processing applications for the Mac now offer more sensible, and less productivity stealing functionality than Pages v5.5. Do not open a Pages ’09 document in Pages v5.5 without first making a backup copy, as any older features that are not supported are silently filtered out of the document.

As a writer, you will quickly discover that Apple's redesign of Pages is the very antithesis of a productive word processing tool.

Pages 5.5 update a bane for script-writers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.