Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

txt message crashing everythime i open it or freezing then closing

my txt messages are crashing and glitching everytime i go to open or write txt messages HELP!!!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 1:46 AM

10 replies

Oct 28, 2014 11:20 AM in response to afs2043

I have the same problem.

iphone 6 plus, iOS 8.1

When opening sms or iMessage messages, screen will regularly pause for 10-15 seconds to reload content, or if a lock screen shortcut takes me directly to the messages app it will freeze with just the last text bubble visible (no previous messages, no keyboard) for 10-15 seconds before loading.

Resetting iMessage from off to on, and resetting network settings has shown very limited success, but only for a matter of minutes before reverting. Often after 10-15 seconds, the app will crash before reloading.

I have also attempted to do a factory reset and then restore from backup (of the 6 plus) and the problem persists.

Dec 20, 2014 10:02 PM in response to afs2043

I Have The same problem. I tried erease and reset all contents and I also update to the latest IOS 8.1.2 but the problem still happens. About 9/10 times opening message app, it crashes. I am switching to alternatives app such as Viber now. But still I have to use message for normal SMS texts. It's very sad that this problem occurred so long ago and there hasn't been a worked solution. By the way, when I switch to using viber, it's a dramatic smooth and fast performance.

May 9, 2015 5:12 AM in response to afs2043

Problem fixed!

After upgrading to ios 8.3, the problem persisted! I was really frustrated. However, two days ago I solved it. What I did:

- Go to settings, erase your iPhone and everything. Make sure you turned on icloud and save all your photos and docs on iCloud.

- it restarted and ask whether you want to set up as new iPhone or backup from iCloud/iTunes. I chose set up as new.

- After that, I turns on iCloud, all photos and docs were loaded back to my phone

NO more crashes from the message app observed.

I Believe the problem came from the iPhone backup files.

Hope this helps.

txt message crashing everythime i open it or freezing then closing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.