Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't delete podcast from playlist

Itunes 12.1.26

Set aside the insane saved/feed/whatever views they've set up. Near as I can tell, if you:

- download a podcast

- add it to a playlist

- sync with your device (Iphone)

- podcast is removed from the feed (by the producer/distributer)

- you delete the podcast from your computer (not from the device)

You now cannot remove the podcast from the playlist. I know this seems convoluted, but I'm daily adding/removing stuff from my playlist, and it used to be that when you deleted a file from your computer it was also automatically removed from any playlist. Now they just remain there... forever?

I used to get mad at apple about their insane handling of podcasts. Now I laugh. And cry on the inside.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 3:50 AM

1 reply

Feb 18, 2015 2:33 PM in response to snugglezz

agreed. this drives me crazy on a daily basis. the one solution i've found is to uncheck the podcast you've deleted and then filter out any unchecked tracks from your playlist. i haven't verified if this removes the tracks from view on devices as well, but i'm expecting that it will.

i would also like to add that regardless of the podcast view you have selected (unplayed/saved/etc.) podcasts within a feed appear in the library search results. again, this is completely ludicrous. i would expect that if you don't want to have a file on your computer or in your library, you sure as **** don't want it to appear in a search result that makes it appear as if it IS in your library. at the very least, a configuration setting to either include or filter these out of search results would be ideal for people who manage their podcast libraries differently.

can't delete podcast from playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.