Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite and Lexmark s305

I started with Yosemite and everything seems perfect.... but when i tried to scan using my Lexmark Impact s 305 the result is unexpected!

The stuff:

MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013, 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 Go 1600 MHz DDR3.

Printing and copying are good!

But when I tried to scan first I got the following message:

The scanner try to preview:

"Le scanner a signalé une erreur:

La numérisation sélectionnée est trop importante. Essayez de sélectionner une zone de numérisation réduite, de réduire la résolution ou la profondeur de la numérisation."

(yes I'm french and that explain my bad english)

Meaning that the image readed by the scanner seems to heavy for the scanner.

Sometime the scanner quit, but it's possible to scan without preview.

However you use pdf or jepg format the result is the same.

You will obtain a file with a magnified image but only a part of the initial image.

I loaded the last software from Apple, deletet the prefs, nothing, nada, que dal! Always the same result.

Any idea?

NB: with this printer I had a lot of problems each time MacOS change , but when I start with the Win 7 part is almost the same result.

Jeepy

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 4:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 4:29 AM

Hi ..

Instead of using the Lexmark scanning software, you may have better luck using the Image Capture app in your Applications folder for scanning > Mac Basics: Using a scanner

13 replies

Oct 28, 2014 4:53 AM in response to jeepy4ever

Hi, Carolyn,

I checked because "Image Capture" sound to me like "Capture " ( The french name of this Apple soft.

I use tu type the shortcut ïŁż3 or ïŁż4, but is used to copy the sceen.

Mu problem is to scan a paper from the scanner, the Lexmark Impact s305 is a multifunctions printer, printer, scanner with wifi.

Any other idea Carolyn?

Any way I thanks you for your help.

Jeepy

Oct 28, 2014 12:54 PM in response to jeepy4ever

Hi Carolyn, hi A11y,

that start the same way, the driver didn't find the scanner.

I have had the same kind of issues with Mavericks.

With Yosemite, after changing the drivers ( the printer one and the scan) the printer and the scanner was found by the driver.

The last update from Apple seems change ...nothing at all!

For the moment my solution is to scan from the Lexmark ( using the special buttons) to an USB key (Fat format), because that don't work with the local net).

I really thing that the problem is Lexmark!

Easy isn't it?

Jeepy

Ps: to Carolyn, the "Capture" app don't have a scan function ( the french realise), but the "transfert d'images" does". But it doesn't work either!

Dec 12, 2014 4:55 PM in response to jeepy4ever

Hello this is Elena, I have the same problem with this OS X Yosemite and the Lexmark Series 405 scanner, until now I don't have any driver to scan. did you solve this situation? I went last month to Apple store and they told me that this problem is with Lexmark. Lexmark don't have the drivers, at least last month when I call them.

Feb 24, 2015 5:54 AM in response to jeepy4ever

I "only" have a scanning issue with my Lexmark S305 with Yosemite even after loading the last driver from the Lexmark website.

When I scan a document from my device, I only get a partial image of the page... I tried everything (uninstall the whole and reinstall).

Am I the only one having this issue ?

Jul 12, 2015 7:33 PM in response to jeepy4ever

I've just exchanged a few emails with Lexmark support about this issue. I have a x2650 printer/scanner, and since updating to Yosemite the printing works, but scanning doesn't. Scanning results in a message saying "The scan operation was cancelled".

Lexmark has a page listing compatibility here: http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=content&id=OS22&locale=EN&userlocale=EN_US

Note that the older models don't have support for 10.10.x - they only go up to 10.9.x

So if you have a Lexmark 2650 like me, or a S305 like the original post, Lexmark is not supporting that. I guess we are lucky it still prints. :-/

The Apple page lists the model I have as supporting scanning : OS X: Printer and scanner software available for download - Apple Support - but I suspect that is a mistake in the listing. The Lexmark list doesn't have support for that model.

Yosemite and Lexmark s305

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.