Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable trending searches from itunes?

Whenever I open itunes store a "trending searches" box appears. I have no interest in trending searches and the box is annoying. How do I get rid of it?

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 8:32 PM

The Trending Searches is annoying! It blocks the iTunes Account Balance and if you don't click below it, it stays or you launch another page. Apple please let us disable this feature OR only enable it if we ACTUALLY click in the search field!

11 replies

Nov 5, 2014 6:14 PM in response to Chuckieluv

Dear Apple,

It is helpful to see that I have already purchased a song with the "buy" button no longer being available; however, I do not need to see the songs in my library from the artist that I'm searching for...please get rid of this feature. I am fully capable of searching for that stuff on my own...just like I'm trying to search for things in the store...I've got that skill down. Also, get rid of the trending suggestions information that comes up when I perform a search. I buy music because I like it not because it's "trendy"...I'm trying to look for something and not show off my keen taste to other people that you imagine are sitting around my computer judging me and my hipness. Please stop trying to be helpful...you're just getting in the way of what I want to do.

Sincerely annoyed,

K. Kerr

P.S. - Did anybody ask for these features or did you just assume that we would like them?

How do I disable trending searches from itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.