Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 6 has stopped working

i cant turn it on its just a black screen.

iPhone 6

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2014 7:00 AM

Hello czcx,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

To troubleshoot this issue where your iPhone will not power on, please follow the directions below.

1. If a single application is not responding or stops responding when it opens, you can force it to close.
  2. If the device is unresponsive or if certain controls aren't working as expected,restart your device.
  3. If the device remains unresponsive or does not turn on (or power on),reset your device.
  4. If there is no video or if the screen remains black, verify that the device has enough charge to turn on:
    1. If you are using an iPad, ensure that it's connected to the USB Power Adapter supplied with the device.
    2. Let it charge for at least twenty minutes, then see if it starts normally.
    3. If there is no image on the screen, press the Sleep/Wake button to attempt to wake the device.
    4. If the screen displays a red battery icon, continue charging the device until the battery is fully charged. Learn more about charging iPhone and iPod touch, oriPad.
  5. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, or the if the screen remains black or shows a persistent Apple logo, try restoring with iTunes:
    1. Connect the device to your computer and open iTunes.
    2. If the device appears in iTunes, select and click Restore on the Summary pane. Learn more aboutrestoring iOS software.
    3. If the device doesn't appear in iTunes, tryto force the device into recovery mode, and then restore it.
  6. If the above steps do not resolve the issue,contact Apple.

iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

Take care,

Alex H.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2014 7:00 AM in response to czcx

Hello czcx,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

To troubleshoot this issue where your iPhone will not power on, please follow the directions below.

1. If a single application is not responding or stops responding when it opens, you can force it to close.
  2. If the device is unresponsive or if certain controls aren't working as expected,restart your device.
  3. If the device remains unresponsive or does not turn on (or power on),reset your device.
  4. If there is no video or if the screen remains black, verify that the device has enough charge to turn on:
    1. If you are using an iPad, ensure that it's connected to the USB Power Adapter supplied with the device.
    2. Let it charge for at least twenty minutes, then see if it starts normally.
    3. If there is no image on the screen, press the Sleep/Wake button to attempt to wake the device.
    4. If the screen displays a red battery icon, continue charging the device until the battery is fully charged. Learn more about charging iPhone and iPod touch, oriPad.
  5. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, or the if the screen remains black or shows a persistent Apple logo, try restoring with iTunes:
    1. Connect the device to your computer and open iTunes.
    2. If the device appears in iTunes, select and click Restore on the Summary pane. Learn more aboutrestoring iOS software.
    3. If the device doesn't appear in iTunes, tryto force the device into recovery mode, and then restore it.
  6. If the above steps do not resolve the issue,contact Apple.

iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

Take care,

Alex H.

Oct 21, 2015 9:23 PM in response to czcx

My iPhone6 has encountered the same problem . It was charging in the night and when i woke up it was dead. I was encountering many problems with my phone . It doesn't use to get charged and the batter percentage used to stay the same even after hours of charging. Also few days back it started showing me alerts that the phones charging source is unreliable. Im using a apple original lighting cable and dock. Im sure that my iPhone was one of the faultiest iPhone made. Tried putting it in other charging sources but the screen is still black . Pressed the home button and other button for good long 10 seconds bit it's still not working . iI don't know what has happened to Apple in past few years. Their phones are not as reliable as they were . My brother encountered the same problem with his iPhone 5 . Nothing could happen as it was not in warranty. but in my case its in warranty and I'm going to the service centre in a while and tell these people to fix this issue. Really disappointed with apple after this.

Nov 19, 2016 12:17 PM in response to czcx

The same thing happened to me recently. The hard reset worked for me ✅ Hold the home and power button at the same time for about 7 seconds until the apple logo appears and the screen lights up. Not sure why this happened, but I hope this method works for you. If it doesn't, try some other methods above or ask a worker at a local Apple Store.

czcx wrote:

i cant turn it on its just a black screen.

my iphone 6 has stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.