Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer only Music, Photos and Contacts from one iphone to another

Before I begin, Let me state that I have read these four help articles:

Managing content manually on iPhone, iPad, and iPod

iOS: How to transfer or sync content to your computer

Transfer content from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a new device

http://www.cutemachine.com/iphone-productivity-quick-tip/what-everybody-ought-to -know-about-iphone-backups/

And my problem is really simple: I have an old iPhone 4 with some music, photos and contacts in it. The music on my phone is not available on my new macbook air and my older laptop (source of music) is dead.

How do I transfer my music, photos and contacts from old iphone 4 to new iphone 5s? These three are the only things that I need to transfer (nothing else (including apps) needs to be transferred. Hence, I dont think I need to perform backup and restore).

If I am not mistaken it seems that the sync feature on itunes tries to sync what is present in my itunes library to my phone (ie forcing itunes content into iphone and not the other way round. So if there is no content in my itunes library it will clear my iphone as well and call it a sync). I don't want to use iCloud because I dont want to transfer my personal data online.

Please help !!

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 8:25 AM

There are no replies.

Transfer only Music, Photos and Contacts from one iphone to another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.