Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Book is Backwards in ibooks.

I just opened a book in ibooks and it is backwards. Where it normally would start is the end and where the end would be is the start. It was liked it was scanned in reverse. Is there a way to flip it around so I don't have to read it backwards.

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 9:07 AM

8 replies

Jan 5, 2015 8:05 AM in response to rwilabee

I'm having this problem too. I'm designing an ebook for a client using InDesign's export option, and when I tested the epub in ibooks it reads in reverse, meaning the last page is what would be the first, and the second to last page would be the second, and so forth. It still starts on the first page, but when you swipe the pages it goes backwards, moving left instead of right.

The epub reads fine on other readers like Calibre, Readium, Sigil, Magic Scroll, etc.

It does this on all my devices (iPad Air, MacBook, iPhone 6).

Dec 3, 2015 4:30 AM in response to rwilabee

I was having the exact same problem but I managed to fix this in Sigil without having to go back to the original Word File.

In Sigil (or as an unzipped file) Open the .opf file.

Make sure <dc:language> is set to en-US

And that's it.

If this doesn't work for you another suggestions I got was -

If the following exists in the .opf file:

<spine page-progression-direction="rtl" toc="ncx">

replace "rtl" with "ltr" or "default".

Feb 24, 2015 7:20 AM in response to stinkin

Hi all

We just had a little success with this:- my colleague noticed there seemed to be a difference between importing a Word 2010 .docx document and Word 2003 .doc document into Adobe InDesign. The older .doc format worked more reliably than the docx. When we used .doc format, the document started at page 1 at the front on iBooks.

Hope that works for you too!

Gavin

Book is Backwards in ibooks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.