Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keynote background color

HHow do I add background color easily to my presentation I want the background to be blue but can't find a way to do so anybody know the anwser ?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 9:21 AM

2 replies

Oct 28, 2014 9:42 AM in response to camlongley

Keynote for iOS does not provide a mechanism for changing the background. you have a couple of options:

• Use one of the existing themes that most closely matches what you want.
  • Create a new theme in Keynote (MAC) and install it, or download/purchase a theme and install it.
  • Insert a text box, change the opacity and the arrangement (send it to the back, and resize it to fill the screen (you will, however, need to copy this shape over to all pages.

Jun 25, 2015 11:56 AM in response to camlongley

PowerPoint for iPad is free and does that. So I you still want to do your presentation in keynote for iPad because you like the Keynote transitions better, then here is a work for this.

1) Create a new presentation in Keynote for Mac, or Powerpoint for Mac / Windows / iPad.

2) Add several slides.

3) Change the background color of every slide with a colors you normally use as background on your presentations. You can add as many as you need. (Each slide with a different background color.)

4) Save it and send it to yourself by email, text message or just store it in a shareable media.

5) Open the presentation in Keynote for iPad / iOS. Keep this file as a template. I called it BKGColors. So every time you need a solid color background on your presentation. open this file and copy and paste the slide with the background color you want.

I hope this help!

keynote background color

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.