Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't find join tracks in iTunes 12

I can't find join tracks option in iTunes 12

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 1:56 PM

With the CD in view, and the tracks in ascending order, select two or more tracks. Click Options near the top right. Join CD Tracks is the last entry.

tt2

30 replies

Nov 12, 2014 7:30 AM in response to ineedloadsofhelp

I am having the same problem with joining tracks when importing a new continuous mix CD on my windows 7 machine with iTunes 12. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling i Tunes – didn’t work. I put in an old CD which I previously had joined tracks on in iTunes 11. It showed as being joined in iTunes 12 since I still had it my music library. However, when I unjoined the tracks I couldn’t re-join them because the join option was not available. In other words, unjoin option available but join option not.

Join option works with both CD’s using iTunes 12 on my iMac.

Nov 12, 2014 12:04 PM in response to turingtest2

Hi TT2 - glad it's working for you. I'm a dj who records live sets on a stand alone hard drive recorder. I track those sets live, burn onto a cd and, for various purposes need to create a single file of my set. I've been doing this for many years and know how to join tracks. For some reason this new iTunes update is not allowing me to do that. As I stated above, I can un-join tracks from previously imported CD's, but can not rejoin them. Newly recorded cd's have no join option at all. The join option is simply not available for me on my windows 7 machine, unlike my iMac which has the same version of iTunes. I'm posting in the hope that others have come across this problem,too, and have figured out a solution.

Dec 20, 2014 2:05 PM in response to ineedloadsofhelp

Hooray I finally found a solution to join CD tracks for audio books in itunes 12.

It took a lot of exerimenting and reading forums but this is what works for me.

1) Insert disk (obviously)

2) Click on Edit and select select all

3) At this point be sure the CD is not already downloading. If it is click the X on the "Importing" bar to stop the import

4) Click twice on the blank task bar above the track numbers. (left of Name). You need to click twice so that the track numbers are numerical low to high.

5) Go to the Options toggle to the far right on task bar. Click to open and the Join CD Tracks will be listed!

6) Click on Import CD

and voila it works

Feb 10, 2015 11:46 AM in response to Razgut

The Join Tracks function is available as long as:

• the tracks on the CD are sorted in ascending track order
  • you have selected two or more consecutive tracks - i.e., the option will be there if you select tracks 2,3, and 4 but not if you select 1, 3 and 5. If you want to join all the tracks you must select them all (Ctrl-A).

It is something of a mystery, though, why Apple chose to remove this function from the UI when it is not available, rather than leaving it in the Options submenu and greying it out.

can't find join tracks in iTunes 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.