Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12 ID3 Tags

After downloading songs from Itunes in order to save on a memory stick and play in my car (alfa mito) I have to go through a ritual of converting to MP3 and then edit the MP3 ID3 tag to a lower version so the car stereo recognises this.

I can see the ID3 tag version if I click "get info" but the "convert ID3 Tags" option seems to have disappeared in Itunes 12 when I right click on a track (mp3)

Has it gone?

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 4:16 PM

10 replies

Oct 29, 2014 2:41 PM in response to PeterVL57

Thank you for replying Peter, but for me the option to change ID3 tags has gone!. I'm running itunes version 12.0.1.26 which I believe to be the latest, and I've looked on every menu and dropdown and just don't get the ID3 option.

I have a track highlighted which is a direct download from itunes, but I create an MP3 copy. It's this copy I'd like to "downgrade" as far as ID3 version is concerned.

Perhaps you could explain the circumstances under how you managed to get the option and under what menu?

Oct 29, 2014 5:29 PM in response to Starsky101

Starsky101 wrote:

After downloading songs from Itunes

Why? If you want your music in MP3 format (unless you are really enjoying this conversion thing) buy it MP3 format in the first place from a source that sells MP3s, such as Amazon Digital Music or Google Play Music. MP3 music works fine in just about everything including iTunes, which -- as you are aware -- is not true of the AAC format sold in the iTunes Store.

In iTunes 12, you should have the Convert ID3 Tags... command available on every MP3 file, just as Peter shows (but in English on my machine). It shows when you right-click any MP3 track in your library.

Feb 5, 2016 1:45 PM in response to colbyk1

colbyk1 wrote:

After i convert the files to the id3 tags where do they go, what i mean by this is how do i export them with the correct format

Colby,

After you use the "Convert ID3 Tags" command, the new tags are embedded in the MP3 file (assuming you did not choose the "None" option). If you take the file outside of iTunes, the tags will be with it.

itunes 12 ID3 Tags

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.