Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync issues across iCloud drive

I am having a very odd issue where Pages seems to not sync correctly across all my devices.

Below is my setup and my finding trying to troubleshoot it on my own.

I have an iPad(3rd Gen, 16BG WiFi), iPhone 5s (64GB), and a MacBook Pro retina (late 2013). All devices are running most update software iOS8.1 and OSX10.10

I have roughly 100 pages files synced with iCloud drive, roughly 80MB. Now on my mac they work perfectly as it normally should. They get saved to the Pages folder within the iCloudDrive directory. Opening iCloud.com and looking at the files via the iCloud Drive viewer or the Pages app shows all documents.

Now when I open pages on my iPad it usually takes over 20 seconds to start up then it freezes and then the app closes itself. sometimes i see some of the files appear before it crashes.

I copied all of my pages files off of iCloud Drive and saved them local on my mac and placed one new pages file just to simplify the sync and see if there was something wrong with too many files, too large of a file (largest files size i have is about 7MB, rest are in the 50-400KB range per file) or something else related. The iPad still has the same result of not loading and then crashing after.

Now the for the really odd part is that I decided to reinstall pages on my iPhone and i open it and enable iCloud Drive on it. It downloaded all of the old Pages files on it even though those files were removed by me and i confirmed they were removed by logging into iCloud.com and checking the drive and pages app which were empty except for that one test document i placed in there.

So my question is that is there something horribly wrong with my iCloud Drive and syncing or is this a problem with one or more of my devices?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 7:20 PM

3 replies

Dec 4, 2014 1:30 AM in response to Daniel Leary 2008

You sensibly did all the testing that shows the problem.

The whole procedure of transferring and maintaining the same state across several drives is complicated and Apple has got ahead of itself with the hype.

Be wary, don't put anything vital in the mix. Apple never resolved the problems I was having syncing camera rolls across my devices. I took that as a warning.

Peter

Sync issues across iCloud drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.