Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleID Security Question Reset Does Not Work

This page: If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions suggests a process for resetting AppleID Security Questions.

Except it doesn't work - the "Forgot your answers" link never appears, and I'm asked to submit answers I don't know endlessly.

I'd like to purchase an app on the phone I just bought - but I can't. How can I get this taken care of?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2014 8:21 PM

You need to ask Apple to reset your security questions. To do this, click here and pick a method; if that page doesn't list one for your country or you're unable to call, fill out and submit this form.

They wouldn't be security questions if they could be bypassed without Apple verifying your identity.

(115637)

3 replies

Oct 28, 2014 9:18 PM in response to Niel

I'm not trying to bypass any security - not sure I'm cool with the insinuation that I am. I'd just like to use the process documented in the Apple Support KB, which appears it would use my email address to verify my identity. I'm totally cool with that. However, it doesn't behave as documented - it's broken.

Thanks for the support links - much appreciated. I hope the EU page works for me in the USA.

(FYI I did go looking for an online form via the first link. The USA support site asks me for a device ID and is unhelpful afterwards. Apparently it's someone else's device, which it was, but now it's mine. Couldn't find a way to change that and proceed with an online support submission. Anyway - hopefully the form I submitted will get things going - thanks again.)

AppleID Security Question Reset Does Not Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.