Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

- (void)paymentQueue:(SKPaymentQueue*)queue updatedTransactions:(NSArray*)transactions gets called multipletimes

Hello All,

Currently I am working with an iPad app having auto renewable subscriptions. App Provides three types of sub subscriptions Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly.

Currently I am testing the app with Sandbox environment. So if I purchase monthly package, it will be renewed after 5 mins (As per apple documentation monthly subscription will be renewed after 5 mins, Quarterly after 15 mins.....)

Here first I purchase Monthly package so it should get renewed after 5 mins. After that I keep the app ideal, I do not do any activity in app. After that when I restart the app from Xcode 6.0.1, it goes to - (void)paymentQueue:(SKPaymentQueue*)queue updatedTransactions:(NSArray*)transactions to renew the subscriptions around like 99 times, 93 times, 70 times not a specific digit. The above method is called that many times and I am getting that number of transactions in array parameter of that method and for each transaction I am getting the transaction Purchased.

Can any one please tell me why is this happening?

Please see below screenshot which shows me 93 transactions within 12-15mins duration. Even if I delete the application from device, remove test apple id from settings and restart the iPad and again install the app shows me the the same number of transactions.

User uploaded file

The above 93 transactions show me within 15 min duration only and one more interesting that it happens sometimes only and once it happens the until n unless I execute the code it does not allow me to surf any features, let then after I uninstall the app and restart app. On Again installation also there is same situation.

Can you please guide me what is the issue?

Thank You in advance.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 29, 2014 4:23 AM

1 reply

Feb 23, 2015 10:13 AM in response to Ravi@SI

Hello Ravi@Sl

I believe this is because in Sandbox mode the subscriptions end every 5 minutes, but they still exist and are getting renewed periodically (since they are auto-renewal subscriptions that you can test for auto renewing 6 times a day). So when you open the application again, the paymentQueue:updatedTransactions: method gets called to inform you of the 90+ updated transactions.

I have the same problem and I believe this is the issue. Since your post was a few months ago do you mind confirming this or giving an update on your research? Thank you.

- (void)paymentQueue:(SKPaymentQueue*)queue updatedTransactions:(NSArray*)transactions gets called multipletimes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.