Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music player stops working when skipping a song in control center

Since I updated my iPhone 5S to iOS8.1 I have the following issue with the music player:

I play music with the music player from a playlist that contains music videos. When I'm on the lock screen and try to skip a song and the next song is a music video, the music player stops working. It just switches to the next song (video) but does not play it. Even pushing the play button does not start playing the song, the only way to get it playing again is unlock the phone, go into the music player and hit the play button within the music player. This doesn't happen on my iPhone 5 which still has iOS8.0.2 installed.

If Apple is wondering why their iTunes sales are going down, maybe start fixing all the issues that started with the music player since iOS7...?!!! (Not playing music videos in landscape, not supporting video out anymore, etc.....)

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 29, 2014 5:49 AM

1 reply

Dec 17, 2014 9:01 AM in response to Holgy

I have the same problem on ipad and iphone. The bug was only introduced in iOS 8 and 8.1.2 hasn't fixed it.

I play music on shuffle when commuting and when it hits a video I have to try and get the ipad out of my bag or switch to my phone which is a major pain on a crowded train.

I thought it was bluetooth only but it's the same on 3 different devices. Apple support suggested resetting all my settings. Er, no thanks. Tried forgetting and re-selecting devices but no good. Apple support reported this to their technical support 5 weeks ago but nothing since then, so completely useless.

Only way around is to create playlists without videos, or delete all of them.

music player stops working when skipping a song in control center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.