Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password doesn't update on wi-fi connection webpage

I have an iPad 4th Gen and an iPhone 5s which I bring to as use at work, where I connect to the company wifi.

The devices don't connect to the company wi-fi directly, but need to be manually selected everyday. When the network is selected, a web-page is thrown up to enter my credentials. We need to change the passwords every 45 days, but when I enter in the new password, and submit, I am not presented with the usual dialogue whcih asks me if I want update the Keychain entry.

Is there any way to update the password, so that it gets autofilled?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 29, 2014 7:34 AM

5 replies

Nov 1, 2014 7:59 AM in response to iMilti

Hi iMilti,

I'm not sure if your company restricts autofill of passwords, but check your Safari settings for remembering passwords.

Get help using iCloud Keychain

Safari isn't automatically filling in account names and passwords on some websites.

iOS 7.1.1 or later:

1. Go to Settings > Safari > Passwords & AutoFill and make sure that Names and Passwords is on.
  2. Go to your Home screen and open Safari. If Safari is black or dark instead of white or gray, Private Browsing is on. Safari doesn't save account names and passwords when Private Browsing is on. To turn off Private Browsing:
    • On iPad, tap the the plus icon in the upper-right corner of the Safari page, then tap Private in the lower-left corner.
    • On iPhone and iPod touch, tap User uploaded file in the lower-right corner of the Safari page, then tap Private in the lower-left corner.

OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later:

1. Choose Safari > Preferences, then click Passwords.
  2. Select AutoFill user names and password.
  3. Open the Safari menu and see if Private Browsing is selected. Safari doesn't save account names and passwords when Private Browsing is on.

I get a message that Safari won't save the password on one of the websites I'm using.

Safari won't save or autofill account names and passwords on some websites that request that passwords not be saved.

Take care,

Nubz

Nov 5, 2014 7:06 AM in response to Nubz N.

Thanks for the response, but as I said, it's not that the Keychain is not setup, the problem is that it's not getting updated. I can still see the AutoFill Password option, which when I click on fills in the old password. When I enter the new password, it goes through, but doesn't get updated. The prompt you usually get asking to update the stored password doesn't show up.

If the company restrcits AutoFills, it wouldn't have saved the password to being with.

Apr 27, 2015 12:59 AM in response to iMilti

Hi, I think I have got your point - having exactly the same problem.

I think it won't update the password for wifi autentication. But finally today I have found nice (enough) workaround.. you need to at each password change period(your 45 days) do the following:

on iOS go to Settings -> Safari section "General" --> Passwords and autofill ---> Saved Passwords and remove there old saved password for this wifi authentication page. Next time you manually connect and enter your updated (new) password it shall be stored again for autofill and work fine for remaining current period time.

I hope it works for you..

br

fil..

Password doesn't update on wi-fi connection webpage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.