Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A printer that I have connected to my iMac via usb in not showing up in printer options on my iPhone or iPad and it use to before I upgraded to 8.1

A printer that I have connected to my iMac via usb in not showing up in printer options on my iPhone or iPad and it use to before I upgraded to 8.1. How can I fix this?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 29, 2014 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2014 7:53 AM

Is it an Airprint-compatible printer, and is its WiFi enabled if it is? (see: About AirPrint)

If it isn't an Airprint supported printer, then you need a 3rd party driver on your iMac to print from an iPhone. Such as Printopia. As it worked in the past you probably have such a printer driver installed; check and see if it's running.

Beyond that try restarting the printer, restarting the phone, restarting your router, and restarting your computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2014 7:53 AM in response to Mfscott3333

Is it an Airprint-compatible printer, and is its WiFi enabled if it is? (see: About AirPrint)

If it isn't an Airprint supported printer, then you need a 3rd party driver on your iMac to print from an iPhone. Such as Printopia. As it worked in the past you probably have such a printer driver installed; check and see if it's running.

Beyond that try restarting the printer, restarting the phone, restarting your router, and restarting your computer.

A printer that I have connected to my iMac via usb in not showing up in printer options on my iPhone or iPad and it use to before I upgraded to 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.