Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple says not to carry your iphone near your body, but how are you supposed to carry it? What does everyone think about this?

Just curious, I don't see much about this topic, but apparently the radiation levels of this phone are very high. I bet most people carry their phones in their pockets, yet no one is asking about the fact that apple says not to. Is this practical? Is this something to be concerned about? I don't care about a phone bending vs. my health being seriously affected.

Posted on Oct 29, 2014 8:00 AM

1 reply

Nov 1, 2014 9:06 AM in response to grnfrog55

I Suspect they are just covering their butts for possible future lawsuits. There are reports that some women who carry their (smaller) cell phones in their bra go on to develop breast rumors directly adjacent to where the phone usually sat. There are also studies that find nerve cell stimulation in the brain directly adjacent to the ear where a phone is being used. Three companies have now developed machines designed to use this effect to treat depression. There is much that is unknown about the effects of RF radiation, so phone companies logically want to avoid liability. No one really knows the risks.

Franz Kaiser MD

Apple says not to carry your iphone near your body, but how are you supposed to carry it? What does everyone think about this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.