Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 clicking noise coming from home button and also a little loose..anyone else have this issue or suggestions on how to handle it? Any and all suggestions are appreciated

It seems as if when I push my home button there is a loud click or a clicking noise that shouldn't be there. If I push the home button in certain areas or kind of on the side it's not so bad. Also it seems as if the button is kind of loose or wiggles a little bit and can also feel the little silver ring and seems as if it's either not on properly or the home button is sunken in pretty good. I was at the Apple Store and checked out some display models and didn't notice it on those and they all felt solid. Has anyone else had this issue or experienced this? Any and all suggestions will help greatly...I just want to know if it's normal or how I should go about taking care of it...thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.0.2, Verizon 64gb

Posted on Oct 29, 2014 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2014 8:35 AM

home button clicking sounds may vary per device. I have four iPhone 6 in my family and all have different sound and click feel. This is normal.. I think you are going in way more deep..

My iPhone has normal click

My sis iPhone makes a loud click sound but feels softer

Other two iPhones have loud click noise and kind of stiff

Don't worry, all this is normal. It is not a perfect world and there is no perfect iPhone 6 out there

37 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2014 8:35 AM in response to Abadan23

home button clicking sounds may vary per device. I have four iPhone 6 in my family and all have different sound and click feel. This is normal.. I think you are going in way more deep..

My iPhone has normal click

My sis iPhone makes a loud click sound but feels softer

Other two iPhones have loud click noise and kind of stiff

Don't worry, all this is normal. It is not a perfect world and there is no perfect iPhone 6 out there

Oct 29, 2014 1:43 PM in response to SisterBlue

Thank you for your suggestion...I think I might do that and let them look at it...will they just replace the home button if they find its bad? Only reason I ask is because the rest of the phone is great and haven't had any other issues at all and I know with other iPhones they've given me refurbished ones and they ended up having more serious issues...

Nov 9, 2014 8:17 PM in response to Chahineata

I Will...I was planning on going this week...I had a silver 64GB one for Verizon that was having this issue when I posted the question and then this week swapped it for a 64GB space gray for Verizon and it is having the same issue...not real loose but the clicking sound is much louder...the display models at the store when I was there definitely felt more solid but when I brought it up to the rep he just said seems ok to me...hopefully the Genius Bar can help a little more

Jan 25, 2015 11:00 PM in response to Abadan23

Please check your factory of manufacture by using this webpage to input your serial number.

http://sndeep.info/en

Mine is also having the cheap plastic feel clicking sound. While i went to a few apple stores to check on the other iphones and they were solid and normal.t. I noticed my iphone 6 is made in C33 - China.

Kindly post your iphones factory here to see if it's all linked to the same factory or it's across all.

Feb 11, 2015 5:53 AM in response to Abadan23

i just ran into the same problem.. i pressed on the home button for about 15 seconds and hard.. and it worked fine after.. i think it became loose.. maybe from heat or i dont know.. but holding it down for awhile did the trike.. i had the same problem with the left top corner clicking of the screen. and held that down hard for awhile and that sound went away.. i am living in philippines where its very hot.. so im not sure if the heat has to do with it becoming lose.

Apr 4, 2015 5:11 AM in response to FalconTwoSix

ok...the doctor is in!....well, yes I agree with other posts concerning "clicky" crunchy touch id/home buttons...ah... we do swaps, cleanings, alcohol wipes....NO NO NO! yes dirt can and will trap inside the extreme minor spaces around the home button and the screen cutout..yes twirling a q-tip round the button only stuffs grime deeper in, but can clean the edge...in this case, that crunch you hear (new out-of-box), its a very popular notice that most do hear a crunchy glass-like snapping sound...being that the touch id does have a sensor ring on the outer side, the actual noise your hearing is ........wait for it......MISS-ALLIGNMENT!!!! yes... pop that sucker open, remove bracket....what do you see??. touch id pressed thru and adheared around the ends of the button...and also most cases, not perfectly aligned..that noise is the actual ring brushing against the screen hole cutout causing metal and glass to bind against eachother... re-seating the button will correct the issue..being that theyre so close together, the slightest miss-alignment can cause that annoying crunchy click sound. find a swap that doesn't...ok that one works but now the silent switch is loose!!!!! ive seen it all

May 22, 2015 6:17 AM in response to Abadan23

Very annoying sounds from home button new I phone 6 plus! I checked with Apple Store. After hours waiting at Altamonte Spring Apple Store, they told me to reset my I-phone! But I did not change any thing! There is some thing wrong with new i-phone 6. Be careful! I do not trust Apple again. My first experience with i-phone is not good ! specially with the quality of product and Apple costumer services.

May 22, 2015 7:37 PM in response to Abadan23

Hi.

I'm from Brazil and I'm experiencing the very same problem. The Home button feels a little loose and it makes some sort of click noises when I rest my thumb on it. Unfortunately I don't have a Apple Store in my town and the only service center told me that it is normal... Annoying, but normal.

If anyone here knows how to minimize the clicking noise, I'd like to know...

iPhone 6 clicking noise coming from home button and also a little loose..anyone else have this issue or suggestions on how to handle it? Any and all suggestions are appreciated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.