Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather App - use location services

The first time I opened the Weather app on my iPhone 5 (8.1), it asked if I wanted to use location services. I said no. I've changed my mind. How to I make the change?

Posted on Oct 29, 2014 10:56 AM

1 reply

Nov 1, 2014 11:28 AM in response to Wolff Edman

Hi Wolff Edman,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I completely understand the need to have some applications use your location and some that do not. You do have the ability to toggle Location Services on and off for the applications you use as you choose. Please refer to the attached article for information on how to complete this process.

Understanding privacy and Location Services on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iOS 8

Turn Location Services on or off

You can turn Location Services on or off at Settings > Privacy > Location Services. You can turn Location Services on either during the Setup Assistant process or later through the Location Services setting. You can individually control which apps and system services have access to Location Services data. When Location Services are off, apps can't use your location in the foreground or background. This will limit the performance of various Apple and third-party apps.

Settings > Privacy > Location Services

User uploaded file

Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Service

User uploaded file

Cheers,

Joe

Weather App - use location services

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.