Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to deauthorize all my computers. I get a message saying itunes has stopped working. I close that window and itunes window closes also.

I am trying to deauthorize all my computers after I upgraded to windows 7. I get a message window that says iTunes has stopped working. Any help?

Posted on Oct 29, 2014 1:43 PM

2 replies

Nov 1, 2014 1:16 PM in response to chris fromventura

Hi chris fromventura,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact nature of the issue you are describing. If you are having issues deauthorizing your computers in iTunes, you may find the following article helpful:

Deauthorize your computer using iTunes

If you are having issues with iTunes unexpectedly quitting or closing when you try to deauthorize or otherwise, you may find this article more useful:

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

Regards,

- Brenden

Mar 1, 2015 6:30 PM in response to chris fromventura

Hi Chris,

You are permanently locked out. Apple doesn't understand how their software works which is why you got the above response. (I'm not sure that anybody at Apple has ever seen a computer.)

Like you, I cannot access the itunes store to deauthorize former dead computers -I get the same error as the program crashes. Nobody knows why this happens. Apple doesn't test software anymore and they don't answer any questions. They just hope that you go away.

They do hope to sell you a car someday. If you're sucker enough to buy one you'll get the same treatment.

It's really too bad. A few minutes of understanding the software and providing support to users could go a long way. Not at Apple though. Just hand out generic untested instructions and hope that people just go away.

I am trying to deauthorize all my computers. I get a message saying itunes has stopped working. I close that window and itunes window closes also.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.