Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus right half of screen has lines down it.

My phone since the official 8.1 update earlier this week is acting up now. For instance when I wake the screen on the iPhone it has pixel lines running down the right half of the screen. Check this photo out.

User uploaded file

Is it because of the update you think? Should I wait for another update? It just started doing it after I took the 8.1 update. Also the spotlight just randomly opens and types tons of letters and characters on its own now.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 29, 2014 6:00 PM

6 replies

Nov 25, 2014 4:21 PM in response to Suzukijak3

I have the same issue with my phone, with the same lines like your photo above. I just got my phone yesterday (11-24) and I noticed those lines right away. I'm wondering if its the phone it self or what?? I paid for the phone so I would like a good phone. Please let me know if you found a solution to this or if i should take it in the store and get a replacement.

Mar 17, 2015 4:41 PM in response to Suzukijak3

I updated to ios 8.2 (12D508) and started having this same problem. Its very sporadic. When the lines come in I notice that half of the side becomes unresponsive. A quick fix that has been working is to lock the screen (pressing the side lock button), then unlock it. I have tried resetting all settings, but not restoring to factory just yet hoping that there is an update fix for this. PLEASE HELP!

iPhone 6 Plus right half of screen has lines down it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.