Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unknown error 53 occurred while restoring my iphone 6

I am trying to sync all my info onto my new IPHONE 6 but as i get half way through I get an unknown error 53 and my iphone is stuck in recovery mode, I cannot turn it off or on. Any ideas on how to fix this?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 29, 2014 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2014 1:14 AM

Anu solution? same problem here 😟

12 replies

Dec 27, 2014 7:49 AM in response to Assoolah

After spending 5 hours online with support, they made an appointment for me to go to the store in the morning. The tech got the same error I got when he plugged it into their computer. The phone was replaced on the spot. He said the error number is not always identified as there are so many and a lot of them are general warnings pointing to a device issue. He said I most likely received a bad phone - I have not had any issues with the new phone but, just to be safe, I didn't not do a restore from my old iPhone 5 and chose to set it up manually. The only part of that, that took a bit longer, was having to copy the pictures from my old phone, into a folder on my laptop, so I could put them on my new phone.

Oct 27, 2015 6:02 PM in response to phufilyl

I actually managed to solve it. My iPhone 6 received water damage and touch id stopped working and I received error 53. It happened twice actually, first time I kept on trying to restore it, and after several attempts it worked (used DFU sometimes but when it managed to restore it was in normal restore mode). Now it happened again and what I did was hold the home button during the whole restore proccess, and it worked! Hope this helps someone.

unknown error 53 occurred while restoring my iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.