Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no artwork in Remote App

Both on iPad and on iPhone there is no artwork showing in iOS8 with Remote App.

iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 30, 2014 3:35 AM

3 replies

Nov 3, 2014 2:07 PM in response to Michael Duffy1

agree, infuriating, because much the same happened with iOS 7. To see it happening with ios 8 after they had released an update for the Remote app to make it work with ios 7 is pretty careless.

wish I was one of the testers, because the remote app suffers this way after nearly every iOS update, and I'm a big fan of the app when it works. We have three iPads, two iPhones, two Apple tvs and adopt every update immediately.

just wish the official testers liked music, and albumn art.... It would help!

Sheridan

Jun 2, 2015 6:12 AM in response to SheridanGB

Here is a "fix" for the artwork not loading when using the Remote App on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch:

I have iTunes 64-bit for Windows 7. If I go to Edit -> Preferences in iTunes, then LEAVE the preferences dialog open (window is titled "General Preferences"), then when I use the remote app on my iPad or iPhone and connect to the iTunes library on that computer, the artwork now loads just fine.

I shared this workaround on another forum a while back, and some users reported that they were unable to reproduce my results. I would be interested in getting some feedback from other users here who have the artwork problem with the remote app, and may be interested in trying the workaround that I describe above.

no artwork in Remote App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.