Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Make Phone Calls but Cannot Receive Calls on Mac (Yosemite)

Can Make Phone Calls but Cannot Receive Calls on Mac (Yosemite). Calls are received on phone only. Please help.

Best,

Mustapha

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 30, 2014 4:38 AM

10 replies

Oct 30, 2014 9:09 PM in response to MSharkas

Make sure you've followed the instructions in this support article. Note that both iCloud and FaceTime on the Mac must be signed in to the same Apple ID; those are two separate steps. Also note that the Mac and the phone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Ethernet won't work. Trying to pair the phone to the Mac as a Bluetooth device won't work either.

If cellular calling still doesn't work, sign out of iCloud and FaceTime and sign back in. You may have to do the same on the phone.

Nov 13, 2014 1:12 PM in response to Linc Davis

Keep in mind as well that if you're connecting to a VPN (I use the Cisco Anyconnect client), this can interfere with Continuity as well. When I'm on the VPN, I get the notification on my Mac that a call is coming in, but when I try to answer, it fails. If I disconnect from the VPN, it works every time. Same thing for placing calls from my Mac. If I'm on the VPN, the outbound call fails, but works fine if i'm not.

Dec 19, 2014 12:05 PM in response to nschorr

My works sometimes. I can make calls, but have trouble receiving calls. The way I can make my mac to answer phone calls is by calling someone from my mac and then right after I can receive calls on my mac with in a 5 minute time period. After some time passes and then stops working and I can't received calls unless I make another phone call out of my mac and then get like a 5 minute window of receiving calls again. Horrible I bought an iphone just for this feature.

May 15, 2015 3:38 AM in response to MSharkas

I have the oposite problem, i can receive calls but i can't make them. It keeps telling me that the icloud and face time account must be the same and give me two choices: Try again or cancel. But the accounts are alright i've check it thousands of times and if i can receive incoming phone calls and answer properly it must mean it's everything right, isn't it?

Help...

Can Make Phone Calls but Cannot Receive Calls on Mac (Yosemite)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.