Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install MAVERICKS on Mac Mini 2014

Hi everyone,

I just bought a Mac Mini (late 2014) and I tried to delete yosemite and do a clean install of Mavericks with a pen drive.
Unfortunately when I try to start my Mac mini from the Pen Drive with mavericks installer it gives me a white page with a ACCESS DENIED symbol in the very center.

Is there a particular way to install mavericks on the newest mac mini, I really need to do that cause I'm working with softwares that works only on mavericks for now.

Thanks in advance,

Alessione

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10), need to install MAVERICKS

Posted on Oct 30, 2014 7:16 AM

8 replies

Oct 30, 2014 7:33 AM in response to Alessio Lucchesi

You won't be able to downgrade from the OS X version that came pre-installed on your system (OS X Yosemite) especially new hardware as the prior version of OS X may not have the drivers needed for the new hardware.

There's an exception from above. For example, I purchased a late-2012 refurbished Mac Mini from the Apple Store. It came pre-installed with OS X Mavericks, but I was able to install OS X Mountain Lion from a USB ML installer. Maybe I was lucky that the hardware on this Mac is supported in Mountain Lion.

Oct 30, 2014 1:19 PM in response to Alessio Lucchesi

Alessio Lucchesi wrote:

So there's no hope for me to use this new computer?

To install OS X Mavericks? That's correct.

All I can think of is to call/visit a local Apple Store and see if they have some 2013 or early-2014 stock left that has OS X Mavericks pre-installed. If they do, you should be able to return the one you bought if you're still in the 14 day return time frame and exchange it for an older model.

Nov 26, 2014 2:39 PM in response to Snyderthing

Unfortunately, that is only allowed if Mavericks is already installed:

(iii) to install, use and run up to two (2) additional copies or instances of the Apple

Software within virtual operating system environments on each Mac Computer you own

or control that is already running the Apple Software, for purposes of: (a) software

development; (b) testing during software development; (c) using OS X Server; or (d)

personal, non-commercial us

from the SLA here:

http://images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/OSX109.pdfhttp://images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/OSX109.pdf

How to install MAVERICKS on Mac Mini 2014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.