Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know how to transfer music from my iPhone back to iTune Library on my MacBook?

I had CDs copied to my iTunes years ago, now I can no longer find the original CDs, somehow the files in my iTunes on my Mac disappeared too, I would really like to keep the files on my MacBook instead of only on my iPhone, since the new phone models keep coming out every year. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Posted on Oct 30, 2014 6:22 AM

4 replies

Oct 30, 2014 8:19 AM in response to Iamlynnlynn

If the music files are still in your iTunes folder, but just removed from the iTunes library, you can re-add them. I would go through the Import/Add to Library process but use your current iTunes folder as the source (iTunes: About the Add to Library, Import, and Convert functions)

You don't mention any backups? Do you have any you can restore from? If you have a Time Machine backup, rather than overwriting your current iTunes setup, you can restore specific iTunes Artist/Song folders and go through the Re-adding process suggested above.

As far as music from iPhone to Macbook using iTunes, you can only sync purchases on your phone back to your library. There are apps that will allow you to copy music off your iPhone, and a search in Google will give you plenty to choose from.

Oct 31, 2014 7:13 AM in response to Whywutt

Thanks so much for your help. I do not have any backup for my CDs, I goes I should start doing that from now on. Right now, it seems the only way to do this is to search online for an app that would allow me to transfer from my iPhone back to my iTune Library. Do you happen to have any suggestions? Any app that you find useful and easy to use? Thank you very much.

Does anyone know how to transfer music from my iPhone back to iTune Library on my MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.