Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"This presentation can't be opened"

User uploaded file

Every time I try to open one specific keynote presentation, I get this.
Before this started happening, it asked me to pick a version of the document to save. I chose the most recently edited version, and now this keeps showing up.
I desperately need this file, I was wondering is there anything I can do to get it back?

Acer Laptop-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Oct 30, 2014 6:46 AM

3 replies

Mar 12, 2015 6:20 AM in response to JohnChenier

Using Keynote 6.5.2 with the presentation stored in iCloud.

I also have iCloud Drive on Win7 machine.

Pop-up says there is some conflict between versions, while I am editing the presentation on my MacBookPro (late 2013), offering me the MacBookPro version and TWO different versions on the Win7 machine.

I select the MacBookPro version and continue editing.

Then another pop-up arrives offering me only the two Win7 versions I saw before. One has to be selected to 'Keep' before the Pop-Up will vanish and I can continue working. I select the latest, press 'Keep', the pop-up vanishes and the presentation closes on my MacBookPro.

Now it WILL NOT OPEN. I have tried saving it from iCloud and trying to open it. Pop-up says 'xxxx' can't be opened.

I have tried copying the version on the Win7 machine onto a USB stick, saving it to the MacBookPro. Pop-up says 'xxxx' can't be opened.

I have tried viewing it on iCloud.com. Pop up says: This presentation can't be opened.

I am giving this presentation in 30 minutes.

Thanks Apple.

I tried to post this on the community forum as a new thread and it told me: 'You are not allowed to create or update this content'

"This presentation can't be opened"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.