Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot hear sound after turning off scheduled Do Not Disturb

I am not positive this is the root cause of the problem. I am using the Scheduled Do Not Disturb feature, allow calls if repeated, always (not just when locked).

I do not use the mute slide button on the phone itself because my Lifeproof case will not work the switch.

Plus I am always forgetting to un-mute, so DND is a great feature.

I cannot hear the "ring" when I am calling someone. They answer my call and I cannot hear them speaking.

I turn the phone off and turn it back on and problem is resolved (shades of Android!!)

Thanks.

PS I was hoping 1.8.1 would fix it. It did not.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 30, 2014 11:23 AM

3 replies

Oct 30, 2014 11:25 AM in response to HopeMcCloud

That has nothing at all to do with DND. Do Not Disturb will only affect the ringer. When you have the call initiated, have you checked the volume control? The volume for the earpiece and the ringer are two different volumes, and the earpiece volume can only be adjusted when in a call. Otherwise, you can look at this support document. http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1630

Oct 30, 2014 7:02 PM in response to HopeMcCloud

You are resetting the software by turning the phone off/on. There must be a software issue, and that is what the support document I supplied to you addresses. User troubleshooting steps are restart (which you have done), reset, restore from backup, restore as new. You continue down the line until the problem is cleared up. If these steps do not correct it, then you make an appointment at the Genius Bar at the nearest Apple store and have the hardware looked at for possible problems.

cannot hear sound after turning off scheduled Do Not Disturb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.