Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 css rotateY/rotateX element disappears

I am trying to get css rotate properties to work on iOS 8. The basic idea is, as you scroll down the page, the card will flip around. This works on desktop and on mobile iOS 7, but not iOS 8 on iPhone.

Here is the css on the card element:

position:fixed;top:50%;left:50%;height:508px;width:330px;margin-top:-254px;margin-left:-165px;background: url(../img/card_tyffon.jpg)no-repeat;background-size:100%;-webkit-transform: scale(1,1);-moz-transform: scale(1,1);-ms-transform: scale(1,1);-o-transform: scale(1,1);transform: scale(1,1);-moz-border-radius:25px;-webkit-border-radius:25px;border-radius:25px;-moz-box-shadow:0px0px24px#000000;-webkit-box-shadow:0px0px24px#000000;box-shadow:0px0px24px#000000;cursor: pointer;

In Safari, if I simply add:

-webkit-transform:rotateY(1deg); or -webkit-transform:rotateX(1deg);

The element disappears; however, -webkit-transform:rotate(1deg); does not make the element disappear.

Im not sure what could be causing this, as the card doesn't disappear in <iOS8.

Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated. Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 30, 2014 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2014 10:10 AM

It was the position: fixed on the element I was rotating. I put it in a container div and added the position: fixed to that to get it working.

4 replies

iOS 8 css rotateY/rotateX element disappears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.