Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music won't delete from iPhone?

There are currently over 1k songs on my iPhone that won't disappear after syncing with iTunes. I tried unchecking all albums and songs, I tried un-syncing music altogether, I tried manually removing those items through iTunes, but NONE works and those over a thousand songs still remain on my iPhone it's freaking annoying. I do not want to go through all of them one by one on my iPhone to manually delete them. It's ridiculous. 😟 I don't know why this happened. Help.

Posted on Oct 30, 2014 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2014 7:52 PM

Are you displaying all songs, or just what is on the phone? Do the songs have a cloud by them? If so, then they are not on the phone, they are just available.

10 replies

Oct 30, 2014 7:57 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Nope. They're on my iPhone. I synced them to my iPhone from iTunes in previous sessions. I do not have iCloud music displayed on my iPhone.

The weird thing is. Both on my iPhone and iTunes it shows the size of the music (about 11 GB) taking up space in total iPhone storage space. So clearly iTunes "knows" the music IS there on my iPhone, but it doesn't show so when I go to the syncing music tab, or even in the "on my iPhone" - "music" tab...

Oct 30, 2014 8:18 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I tried that. The songs on the playlist was synced to the iPhone, but the other songs are still on there too. Then I synced again without the playlist, the playlist is gone, but the other songs remain stubbornly…….

Jul 4, 2015 7:41 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

How do you restore the device as new? Does that just delete the music, or does it reset everything in the phone? I am SO wishing that I hadn't gone to Apple products at this point. I'm finding them to be INCREDIBLY bug ridden, and am pretty unhappy with the lack of flexible user control. Why do we have to jump through all of these hoops just to perform simple tasks? I thought that Apple was supposed to be built on making things easy. I am finding very many things that are FAR from easy, and very many things that don't work even after hours of working online to find answers, calling the help desk and getting a bunch of steps that don't fix anything. Sigh.

Jul 4, 2015 10:00 AM in response to brksmith

brksmith wrote:

How do you restore the device as new? Does that just delete the music, or does it reset everything in the phone? I am SO wishing that I hadn't gone to Apple products at this point. I'm finding them to be INCREDIBLY bug ridden, and am pretty unhappy with the lack of flexible user control. Why do we have to jump through all of these hoops just to perform simple tasks? I thought that Apple was supposed to be built on making things easy. I am finding very many things that are FAR from easy, and very many things that don't work even after hours of working online to find answers, calling the help desk and getting a bunch of steps that don't fix anything. Sigh.

Use the instructions in this support document to restore your device as new. Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support This will wipe the device clean and install just the iOS and native apps. The lack of user control as you call it has always been how the iPhone is designed, to prevent the problems with virus intrusion and the modification of the iOS. This is a security factor for the iPhone. If you are uncomfortable with this lack of control, then the iPhone may not be the correct device for you. I'm not sure what other hoops you are referring to. Most everything is single task, syncing music, and photos, installation of apps, etc.. You do not indicate anything here that you did with help that didn't fix anything, since you have not asked about anything not working. If you have additional questions, just ask.

Music won't delete from iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.