Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enable MMS on iPad ?

I have searched high and low for the answer and spent two hours on the phone with Apple (have a call back scheduled tomorrow morning). Does anyone know how to enable MMS on an iPad? Since the update to 8.1 I've been able to text or SMS non apple phones without issue. However this morning I tried to send a picture from my iPad and I get an error that says it cannot send an MMS and I need to enable MMS messaging. Well....on the iPhone there is an option to do this, it appears the iPad mini does not have this same option and so far Apple hasn't been able to figure it out either.

Anyone else having this issue or know how to do this?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1, Verizon Mini Retina Display

Posted on Oct 30, 2014 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2015 9:23 AM

I Am having the exact same problem. I saw the option on iPhone but not iPad. I'm up to date on updates. I've sent and received photos in the past. What's up?

22 replies

May 11, 2015 10:01 AM in response to TeriBird

TeriBird wrote:

super easy. Click on the senders ID, then click the envelope top right. It will automatically take you to email to respond.

SAy way you get a message from your dentist telling you your due for an apt. So touch the senders ID, it should take you to a screen with an envelope top right. Click the envelope to respond. No need to enable anything.

True, but that is sending an email, not a MMS, as the op wants to do.

May 11, 2015 9:56 AM in response to suertetres

super easy. Click on the senders ID, then click the envelope top right. It will automatically take you to email to respond.

SAy way you get a message from your dentist telling you your due for an apt. So touch the senders ID, it should take you to a screen with an envelope top right. Click the envelope to respond. No need to enable anything.

Enable MMS on iPad ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.