Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dashboard won't load Yosemite

I'm having a strange issue with Dashboard in Yosemite.

With Yosemite, you need to enable Dashboard in System Preferences/Mission Control (which I have done, tried to do).

But, once I choose the preferred setting (either as space or as overlay) and I close the System Preferences window, the setting I have just chose, returns itself to off.

Also if I click on the Dashboard icon in Launchpad, Dashboard will not load up. I have tried choosing my preferred Dashboard setting in System Preferences/Mission Control and leaving the window open, and then clicking on the Dashboard icon in Launchpad, but Dashboard still will not load up. I've also tried restarting after choosing my desired setting but still no joy.

I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue or has found a way to fix this issue.

Thanks 🙂

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), iMac 27in Late 2012 Fusion Drive

Posted on Oct 31, 2014 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2014 4:34 AM

With the help I received from off of another forum I've solved the problem.

Here's what I did.

I went into:

Library/Preferences folder I deleted the two entries (after first copying them to a safe location) relating to Dashboard.

com.apple.dashboard.client.plist

com.apple.dashboard.plist

After I restarted my iMac, Dashboard works fine 🙂

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2014 4:34 AM in response to tal1971

With the help I received from off of another forum I've solved the problem.

Here's what I did.

I went into:

Library/Preferences folder I deleted the two entries (after first copying them to a safe location) relating to Dashboard.

After I restarted my iMac, Dashboard works fine 🙂

Nov 29, 2014 12:33 AM in response to Rafagon

Rafagon wrote:

I'm having the same problem as you were.

I looked in the folder you indicated and could not find either of those entries at all...

Any other ideas?

Sorry I forgot to mention in my first post how to get into the correct folder.

1: Make sure Finder is shown in the menu bar (basically click on Finder so that a Finder window opens and is selected).

2: Click on the Go menu. Now while the Go menu is shown, press the Option key on your keyboard, you should now see Library appear in the Go menu. Keep the Option key pressed and click on Library.

3: Now navigate to the Preferences folder and delete the two entries shown below (after first copying them to a safe location):

4: Restart your Mac, and you should now find Dashboard works fine 🙂

Jan 3, 2015 1:07 AM in response to aiwetir

aiwetir wrote:

Anyone know why the restart is needed? Killall Dock doesn't do it, but a restart seems like an 'extreme' measure. Deleting the plist files worked for less than a day this last time.

I've no idea why the restart is needed, but it is needed as Dashboard would not work after deleting the plist files until I done a restart.

Dashboard has worked for me since the date I performed the steps in my second post.

Dashboard won't load Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.