Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Illegal angle situation. Only the Main Video Angle will be simulated."

Hi y'all!

Trying to export my .mov out of DVD Studio pro and getting the message 'Illegal angle situation. Only the Main Video Angle will be simulated.' when I try to simulate. There's no video in the V2 track so guessing I need to fix up the GOP or angles, but I don't know where or what to change them to.

Project is an hour long, NTSC, 16:9, 29.97fps 🙂

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Oct 31, 2014 4:40 AM

1 reply

Nov 15, 2014 9:29 AM in response to sj_sands

Check your preferences for Track - check the Fix Invalid Markers on Build box. Should do the trick, though you may need to quit DVD SP and reopen to make sure the changes to preferences "stuck." It sounds like you are using only one video track and do not have multiple angles (video), audio or other extras, just a straight m2v and audio track. There are some other things that can cause the issue, like using VBR when using multiple video tracks. But see if this takes care of it.

"Illegal angle situation. Only the Main Video Angle will be simulated."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.