Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wating for Sync to start (taking forever).

I have an iPhone 5s working with ios8, I have a LapTop running in XP; I have been doing this for a long time and everything worked fine. Yesterday I tried to sync my phone but now I have just receiving the message " Waiting for Sync to start". I have been waiting for more than an hour and does not start. So I can not sync, nor backup neither. Last time I Sync and Backup was last sunday 26.

Any idea?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 31, 2014 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 12:28 PM

Hi Chris,

Believe or not!!!!!! I did something "stupid" I turned off my iPhone, turned on again and re-connected into my computer, I started again the Sync and . . . It goes thru!!!!!!!! So, I could synchronize again my iPhone with my computer and made a backup!!!!!

Once again, Thanks a lot for your help!!!!!!

Cheers and take care.

Fernando A.

<Personal Information Edited By Host>

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2014 12:28 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi Chris,

Believe or not!!!!!! I did something "stupid" I turned off my iPhone, turned on again and re-connected into my computer, I started again the Sync and . . . It goes thru!!!!!!!! So, I could synchronize again my iPhone with my computer and made a backup!!!!!

Once again, Thanks a lot for your help!!!!!!

Cheers and take care.

Fernando A.

<Personal Information Edited By Host>

Oct 31, 2014 10:55 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi Chris, thanks a lot for your comment but I forgot to say I am running with the most updated iTunes version available (12.0.1.26) and I did my last sync on Sunday Oct. 26th. and everything went OK.

It is the same iOS 8, the same iPhone 5s my same library and my same iTunes (12.0.1.26) I have NO IDEA what did I did incorrectly.

Cheers.

Oct 31, 2014 1:03 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi Chris,

I did it, I went into iTunes / Edit / Preferences / Tab Devices and pressed the buton (box) "Reset Sync History". then I press OK and went out.

I went out from iTunes, shuted down the computer, re-started, re-open iTunes, re-connected the iPhone and "tried" to Sync, and THE SAME message, "Waiting Sync to start" but NOTHING.

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions, I am still unable to sync my iPhone.

Oct 31, 2014 1:14 PM in response to FAlvarez

You may need to ensure that the Apple Mobile device driver is installed, and that the services are running. Right-click on the taskbar, select Start Task Manager. From there, click on Services. You need to make sure that the Apple Mobile Device is running, that Bonjour is running, and that the iPod service is running. If they are, then you may need to remove iTunes and reinstall. To do that, you need to follow the instructions in this support document exactly. Remove and Reinstall iTunes and other software components from Windows XP

Oct 31, 2014 10:49 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay, I did EVERYTHING you told me to do, that is, I validate the driver were installed and the services were running, and they were running as you said.

So, I went to part two, I backed up my iTunes Library and I removed iTunes following the document you told me and I get it from apple support page (as you said). I validate the programs and files were not in my computer anylonger after they were removed.

I downloaded the iTunes software and installed iTunes once again, ALL MY MUSIC, MY BOOKS, MY PODCAST, MY PICTURES, EVERYTHING was there again (as the document said).

BUT, I tried again to Sync my iPhone and ... THE SAME thing is happening "Waiting for Sync to Start".

There is a program inside iTunes in Tab HELP / Run Diagnostics I ran it and EVERYTHING PASSED, even the Sync test, so, THIS IS VERY STRANGE.

Thanks a lot for ALL THE INFORMATION you gave me, really I APPRECIATE all your time and knowledge, but, SORRY I have NO IDEA what I am doing wrong.

Fernando.

Wating for Sync to start (taking forever).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.