Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite - How to drag-drop email message to calendar event?

Hi,

I am not sure if this has already been answered or if Yosemite Mail is missing one cool feature. In Mavericks and before, it was every easy to drap and drop a email message to a calendar event in the "URL" attachment section where it appeared as "Show in Mail..." in the event. But now, I don't find this drap-and-drop feature anymore?

The other alternative is to create a event from the Mail message content if there is a date (like 12/12/14) specified. But what about messages which do not have dates in them but I still want to attach the email to a calendar event?

Please chime in if others are also experiencing the same pain in Yosemite or if there is any other easier trick?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 31, 2014 11:26 AM

5 replies

Feb 18, 2015 4:24 PM in response to sudiptafromsunnyvale

Hi - I know you may not see this since it is months later, but I just had the same issue, so thought I would post the response for future reference.

I found that if I open, or just have the preview window of the email message open, when you hover your mouse in the head, the cursor will change to the little hand. If you hold down your left mouse button/side, it will change to a fist and then you can drag the email to your calendar successfully. I have just done this a number of times and it kept working, so I hope this helps someone in the future.

Yosemite - How to drag-drop email message to calendar event?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.