Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sort by rent vs. buy

Is there a way within iTunes to sort the movies and TV shows depending on whether you can rent vs. buy them? Many of the movies that I'd like to view are buy only and I can only find out after I pull up the movie detail.

Posted on Oct 31, 2014 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2014 11:12 AM

Click on this link and it should open iTunes and give you a search screen in it (I don't know if/how you can access the screen directly within iTunes) : itms://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearch

On that search screen you can select Films/Movies on the left-hand side of the screen (instead of 'All Results'), and then on the next screen tick the 'search films that acre available for rental' tick box and then click 'search'

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2014 11:12 AM in response to TotallyDave

Click on this link and it should open iTunes and give you a search screen in it (I don't know if/how you can access the screen directly within iTunes) : itms://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearch

On that search screen you can select Films/Movies on the left-hand side of the screen (instead of 'All Results'), and then on the next screen tick the 'search films that acre available for rental' tick box and then click 'search'

Jul 4, 2015 11:17 AM in response to King_Penguin

On 10/31/14 you replied to Totally Dave, who asked: "Is there a way within iTunes to sort the movies and TV shows depending on whether you can rent vs. buy them? Many of the movies that I'd like to view are buy only and I can only find out after I pull up the movie detail."

The link you sent worked for me for a while, but now when I cut and paste it into my browser, it doesn't bring anything up anymore. Is there still a way to search for rentals only? thanks

Sort by rent vs. buy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.